Fast Track Project Management
This Fast Track Project Management course is aligned with the Project Management Institute's (PMIÂ®) Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKÂ® Guide). It will help you understand and pull together all the knowledge areas and processes of project management necessary to plan and execute, control and close successful projects.
This program includes a Project Management ProfessionalÂ® (PMPÂ®) Prep component to prepare you to take your PMPÂ® certification. A case study is threaded throughout the program, and includes activities (development of many of the planning deliverables and more), which enable participants to apply the lessons learned in the units to the projects they are currently on.
The curriculum is presented in a dual fashion; the theory of PMIÂ® is balanced by the realit of the course instructor's project management experiences. The dual approach provides the student learner with real examples of the theory of PMIÂ®. There are numerous discussion topics throughout, along with exercises to reinforce what participants have learned in the classroom, which translates into opportunities for incorporation of improved practices into your current projects.
Quizzes, also called knowledge checks are given after each module to measure the participant's progress. Additionally, a 100-question practice PMPÂ® certification exam is included. Upon successful completion of this course, you will be granted the 35 PDUs that are required before taking the PMPÂ® certification exam.
Project Framework and Integration Management
Project Communications Management
Project Communications Management (continued)
Project Scope Management
Project Time Management
Project Time Management (continued)
Project Cost Management
Project Quality Management
Project Human Resources Management
Project Human Resources Management (continued)
Project Risk Management
Project Procurement Management
Preparing for the PMP
All training is 100% compliant with the Project Management Institute's (PMIÂ®) A Guide to the Project Management
Body of Knowledge (PMBOKÂ® Guide). Curriculum developed by Boston University Corporate Education Center *
Our program is compliant with A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOKÂ® Guide).
Our program serves as a solid foundation for the pursuit of Project Management Professional (PMPÂ®)certification.
BUCEC sits on the Project Management Institute's (PMIÂ®) Global Corporate Council, and is a Registered Education Provider of PMIÂ®.
What you will Learn:
- An understanding of the nine project management knowledge areas, the five process groups and key project management definitions, concepts, and terms.
- An understanding of how to prepare for the PMP ExamÂ®
- The ability to differentiate among projects, programs, portfolios, and subprojects, and how to identify contrasting and related characteristics of each.
- An understanding of the importance of identifying project stakeholders in order to define an approach to increase support and minimize negative Impact
- An understanding of how to define and document stakeholder needs to meet project objectives and how to create a traceability matrix to ensure all requirements can be linked to their origin
- The ability to define the scope of a project: one of the most challenging tasks for project management
- An understanding of the importance of determining project activities and breaking them down to the smallest components, along with an understanding of how to manage the project schedule
- An understanding of the differences between qualitative and quantitative risk analysis, and when it is appropriate to use each type of analysis .
- The ability to manage conflict on the project team and among stakeholders, along with common communications issues and how to resolve them
Who Should Attend
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Project leaders with experience managing project teams and a knowledge of the PMBOK.
- Individuals interested in obtaining their PMP certification should also attend.
- At least 2-4 years of experience working in a Project Manager role leading a team
- Already have an understanding of PMI and the PMBOK Guide
- Interest in taking/prepping for the PMP certification exam
- Has the sufficient experience to take the PMP certification exam (4,500 hrs. of experience over 5 years)
- Not expecting to gain concentrated knowledge in any one area
What's unique about our program
Experience hands-on learning, with real world PMPÂ® certified presenters who are certified BUCEC trainers and are experienced practitioners in their field. Our Seminar focuses son a real-world project format. This unique format allows tools and techniques taught in class to be practiced within the framework of today's business. It identifies problems currently faced in business and works to solve them throughout the program.
Schedule and Cost
Classes are on Mondays - Fridays 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Cost: Call us for the details